Ali may refer to:
- al-'Ali(The Sublimely Exalted), one of the ninety-nine names of Allah
- 'Ali ibn Abi Talib, Cousin and son-in-law of the Islamic Prophet Muhammed. Through non-Shi'a sources: early Islamic leader and fourth caliph: The first person by this name. Through Shi'a sources: successor (Caliph) to Muhammad and the first infallible imam (leader) of the muslim ummah (community).
- 'Ali ibn Husayn (Zayn al-Abidin), The forth infallible imam in Shi'a thought. Grandson of Ali ibn Abi Talib.
- 'Ali ibn Musa(ar-Reza), The eighth infallible imam in Twelver Shi'a thought only.
- 'Ali ibn Muhammad(al-Hadi), The tenth infallible imam in Twelver Shi'a thought only.
- Ali (goddess), a Georgian Goddess
- Ali language, a language spoken in Central African Republic and belonging to the Niger-Congo languages family.
- Muhammad Ali, famous american boxer
Legendary Norse kings named Áli in Old Norse:
- Alì, a town in Italy
- Ali (town), a town in Tibet
- Ali Prefecture, prefecture in Tibet
- Aali, Bahrain, a place in Bahrain
In popular cultureEdit
- Ali: Fear Eats the Soul, a 1974 film by Rainer Werner Fassbinder
- Ali Project, a Japanese musical band
- Ali (rapper), American rapper from the St. Lunatics
- Ali G, stage persona used by comedian Sacha Noam Baron Cohen
- Ali (film), a 2001 biographical film about Muhammad Ali
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.